Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Mother's Love

My mom is coming tomorrow! She's coming to visit me for 10 days. I love her so much. I have to say that without her, I wouldn't be the man I am today. My mother has been through so much for me. She taught me values and manners. She taught me honour and pride. She taught me many things. Now before you start sniggering and calling me a mother's boy, consider my situation first. My father was a working man. He would work from 9 till 5, Mondays to Fridays, half-days on Saturdays. After work, he would have his dinner and read the papers. The interaction with him was considerably less compared to my mom. Then came the divorce when I was 15, and I stayed with my mom after the separation. Hence he was never around much during my teens.

Regardless of my situation, I have to say that for most males, the mother is the dominant figure in their lives. While for females, it is the father. Hence the saying "mother's boy" or "daddy's little girl". It has also been said that when the sons or daughters grow up and look for potential mates, they try to get a mate which bears the qualities of their mothers or fathers. I'm not saying that I'm looking for a girl just like my mother, but my mom is the best woman in the world (in my opinion of course) and ..... I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut and have an open mind ;-) I could be wrong but I think this is the general opinion.

So no matter how old I get or what I do, in the eyes of my mom, I'm still the small little boy that cried at the first day of school. Go give your mother a little hug ......oh don't forget about daddy too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Friendly Neighborhood Redhead said...

haha i can be patient . . .and get a cat in the meantime :P

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home