Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What A Day!

What a day! Today is the day which we were told by the company on whether we would be made redundant or not. So we all had letters on our desks in the morning notifying us of our fates. I opened mine and the news wasn't good. I was made redundant. So I spent the whole day updating my CV and clearing out my desk. However, around 3pm, I got a phone call from the boss saying he would like to see me. So I popped over to his office and he offered me back my job! What can I say? On one hand, I'm relieved that I've got a bit of job security. On the other hand, I just want to shout, scream, and curse at him for screwing up. So I accepted the job back. Call me the come back kid!

However, rest assured, I won't be resting on my laurels. This whole process has exposed the true motives of certain people. And I will be keeping my options open to any opportunities in the new year. All thanks must go to my lovely friends and colleagues who offered me words of encourgement, advice and support when I initially found out that I was to be made redundant.

On a lighter note, I shall be going back home to visit my family and friends for three weeks during the Christmas and New Year period. This will give me a much needed break from work and a chance for me to think about my future. I sense great changes will be coming.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home