Saturday, May 12, 2007

1 down, 2 more to go...and counting!

Whew! The end of another exhausting week. Its been such a long time that I've written any real post. What can I say? Guilty as charged. Work is not very enjoyable these days. I'm currently doing a 3 month internal secondment within the company as part of my graduate training. And it was my mistake that I chose the QS (Quantity Surveying) dept. I've been there for a month already and all I've done so far is count. Yes, you heard me, count ( as in 1,2,3....). I count the number of light fittings in a building, the number of electrical sockets, the number of fire detectors, so on and so forth. Its a smashing job....as in I occasionally feel like smashing my head into the computer screen.

But I guess its part of the training isn't it? You have to really do mundane and tedious work to learn about the job. Except that I don't really like it. Sigh....at least its just for 3 months. And I've already done a month....so I count two more months. Smashing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home