Saturday, April 14, 2007

Easter Eggs & More .....

Well, I know its a week since easter and two weeks since my last posting, but what can I say? Time flies...especially when you've been busy. And I have been busy for the past two weeks. At work, I've just started my internal secondment to another department as part of my training. The cost management department is where I'm doing my secondment for the next 3 months. So far, I've just been tasked with the counting of light fittings :-( I hope things will get more interesting in the next couple of weeks.

For the easter weekend itself, three friends from Spain came to visit me. Hence I was a tour guide for three days. I took them around Bristol and Bath, seeing the sights, sounds and delights of the west country. And we were blessed with perfect weather for the whole weekend! David, one of my Spanish friends, told me that it was raining heavily in Spain and they were all really surprised at the sunnyness of England. It should really be the other way round! I also showed them the nightlife of Bristol, and for those two nights that they were here, we met some pretty surprising people around town......pretty twin sisters (imagine that! Twins!), a group of pirates (mostly females!), and some others. All in all, it was very enjoyable.

David, David & Juanjo

And today, I test rode the world's largest capacity motorbike, the Triumph Rocket III. It is the biggest, most bad-ass motorcycle money can buy! The specs are awesome, a 2.3-litre engine producing almost 150ft lb of torque, pistons the same size as those found in a Dodge Viper supercar, the biggest back tyre on a production bike…it’s simply an incredible experience and bravo to Triumph for making it. The engine itself is bigger than most cars on the road!



The Rocket III !

But it’s not intimidating to ride. Triumph actually softened the power delivery in the first three gears, so although acceleration is outrageous it’s never out of control. However, its still immensely powerful! I was cruising when I realised I had already hit 100mph and the engine was turning over at only 3000rpm!

It's huge!


Anyway, it was an amazing experience test riding the world's largest bike. Although it is a good bike, I feel that it doesn't really suit me. I prefer a more sportier bike and something less heavier and cumbersome. Plus it costs eleven grand! That is a lot of money for a lot of bike! Well, you get what you pay for.

It's sexy & powerful!

So, now that the weather is getting better (and warmer), I shall be doing more rides on my bike around the countryside, and will post some pics on the places that I have visited on my rides.




But not for me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home