Monday, January 01, 2007

The Merry Year Is Born

Happy 2007!

Gale force winds blowing across the UK. New Year parties being cancelled in Scotland (due to the afore mentioned winds). What a start! Although I have to say having gale force winds blowing at you when you are at the top of a hill trying to gain the most strategic spot for watching the fireworks does add to the dramatic atmosphere. That was where I found myself yesterday night and this morning. Me and a group of friends were suffering from wind chill and watching fireworks being comically blown off course and exploding somewhere else in the sky instead of their intended positions. It was quite a sight and a great laugh! Of course, the night wouldn't be complete if you didn't usher in the New Year with a glass of champagne (we had fizzy wine but it was good enough) and a few muttured resolutions.

To make it even more dramatic, after the fireworks display, as we were making our way home, we were assaulted by a massive storm of hail and rain. Thank god I was only 3 mins away from home, hence I just ran as fast as I could, but still finding myself drenched as I got past the front door. Oh well, at least it was a fun night. Now I've got to chuck out the old, and bring in the new.
Best wishes to you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Buddhist_philosopher said...

Nice photo. Do you have any of the crazy, off-target fireworks? Sounds like you had an exciting evening. Lots of fizzy wine (and other libations) for me too! Happy '07 - see ya in a couple months.

7:07 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Hey Justin!

Yup I've got some pics of off-target fireworks but, like all night photos taken without a tripod, they're really blurry and you can't really make them out so I gave up on them.

Happy New Year to you too!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home