Monday, September 11, 2006

Homecoming

Right, I'm now back in Bristol, safe and sound. I've been back since Wednesday, and that makes it 5 days ago. Apart from having really rough and calloused hands (unavoidable when you're working on a boat), all my limbs are twitching and functional. No sharks got a piece of me. Well, I did cut my finger on a shark's tooth when I put my hand in its mouth. It was a really deep cut and there was blood everywhere, but the shark was dead anyway.

Jellyfish

Everything in Bristol is still as it is when I left 2 months ago. Although the weather has gotten pleasantly cooler, the sights, the smell, and the people are thankfully still the same. It feels surreal to return back to the familiarity. And why not? For that, I'm grateful. The familiarity reminds me of what I was and what I'll be soon. I shall enter the life of employment in a week's time. To tell the truth, I can't really remember much of what I've learnt at university anymore. All I know about are sharks and how to work on a boat. Time to hit the books again eh? ;-)

Table Mountain Dreams

My time in South Africa now feels like a dream that happend a life time ago. Soon my hands will become soft and smooth again and all that will be left of will be memories. Despite feeling afraid and excited about my impending start of work, it still feels good to be back. Good friends here brighten my time and hold me to this place. That is why I treasure my friends, both here and abroad. They make my time worth it. So for the next few care free days left, I shall try to prepare myself for work and catch up with all my old friends.

Best friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home