Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Reality Bites

Now that the Easter break is over, things are really starting to sink in. Deadlines and exams are looming in a couple of weeks time. The sense of false security that I've fallen into is quickly fading, replaced by urgency and fear. I was resting on a cloud, but I now find myself plummeting towards a bed of thorns (perhaps in there lies a rose?).

The love, the laughter, the pleasure, the euphoria ..... all gone, pulled out from under my feet, replaced by a desolate desert (is there such a thing?). The revision I did over the holidays ..... I now can't recall. Was it all in vain?

Perhaps this is payback time. Reality biting back, claiming back what was taken. The rollercoaster of life. Difficult as it is, the solution is simple. Like a good soldier, I'll have to battle on. Perhaps once I've reached the other side, I'll look back ..... and smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home