Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Birth of the mighty mouse!

Squeak!

Welcome to my very first blog, devoted readers!
Hmm...where do I start? A place for some light hearted musings.
Well, I'll start by describing today then....I've got a poster presentation for my project coming right up in 2 weeks time! And I've got a job interview in a weeks time, where I'll have to give a 10 min presentation. Plus I've also got a Spanish presentation to give also in a weeks time. Presentations....presentations....presentations.....its driving me nuts. I can't wait till the end of term.

Anyway, I guess thats the way to test your character isn't it. I remeber walking past this grand georgian house on my way to the zoo (I volunteer there) every Saturday. And inscribed on its walls is this line: " Conflict tests the Warrior" I've been walking past this house for the past 3.5 years and every time I pass it, it reminds me of my army days where we have motiffs or sentences like these to boost our morale (or just irritate us).

Here's one: "Yesterday was the only easy day" and "Tough times don't last but tough men do"
How about " For honour and glory"?
And the favourite of my unit : "Fear what you can't see"

Sigh...the good old glory days....for my new readers...don't worry if you can't catch up.....I'll slowly reveal my history to you.....all the more for you to stay tuned! So let me end my virgin post by saying : The best is yet to be...... ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the immortal words of The Clash:

"Death or Glory
Becomes just another story..."

^_~

10:41 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Hey! You're my very first commenter! Congratulations Amy!
You'll get a special prize later!

But what you say is quite true...in the grand scheme of things, we are nothing but just stories. We make our own choices and it is up to us to make our stories worthy enough to be carved on to walls, just like in legends....

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home